52 Weeks of Collage, Week 37

 


REST.

I have a good bit of leftovers from last week's Textural Minimalism where I used recycled materials and transformed them into grungy aged materials.  


When you are embarking on your own creating grungy aged materials journey remember to create a variety of shades, so that you can create contrast between pieces.  In the pictures below even though all four pieces are neutral in color they are different shades of neutral.  And when I convert them to black and white I can still discern them apart from each other.




If you find that the two pieces you want to layer are too similar in shades you can slip a contrasting element between them so just the edge pokes out and creates a visual contrast.  Or you can change the edge of the piece with paint to darken, lighten or add a splash of color.  As I did in today's collage.

I grunged up a paper doily and added color to the center and edges.  Next I tore it in half and used it to add additional contrasting color and texture.  Next I added those small bits of color to the edges of the other neutral pieces to carry the color throughout the collage.   Lastly I  grunged up the theme word tag, layered it on top of a piece of grunged up book text and tucked it along a raised edge.  While composing this collage I gave attention to keeping some "white space" for a visual rest stop.  

cardboard, fabric and other recycled materials painted to represent a aged grunged look.  Layers with pink, purple and black paint sparingly along the edges.
Week 37 Final Collage.  Rest.



I hope you are enjoying this foray into more 3 dimensional collage.  Drop me a line if you have any questions!

Till next week,
Traci 




Comments