52 Weeks of Collage, Week 18

 

collage background closeup of the doily with gold paint and tissue paper in light green, mid blue and dark blue.

Earth.

Sometimes when I think of Earth I think of celestial things like planets, stars, solar system etc.  But most of the time I think of nature; trees, plants, animals, elements etc.  This collage celebrates my love of nature in its colors, textures and focal image.

Starting elements for this week's collage.  Focal image of aerial view of a Swiss Hotel surround by towering evergreen trees.
I generally start by picking a focal image first and elements to complement and contrast with it.  The blues and greens hand painted tissue papers and paper doily will complement the tall trees in the focal image.  While the red and black hearts from the MoonFullArt Printables Collection would act as a contrast.  

adding gold paint sparingly to a white paper doily
Some gold added sparingly to the paper doily.


After adding gold paint sparingly to the paper doily I stamped off some of the gold onto the blank page. Next I built up the background image using the doily and various bits of tissue paper in blues and greens.

Lastly I added the focal image and the finishing touches.  
Collage with focal image of hotel surrounded by evergreen trees, background with doily and tissue paper, embellishment of green ribbon along the bottom edge.

I hope you have enjoyed this weeks collage celebrating our home planet, Earth.  May she live long & prosper!

'Till Next Week,
Traci







Comments