52 Weeks of Collage, Recap

 


Hello September,

We are three-quarters of the way through this year!  The week 34 Nature Collage really has me wanting to do more 3D inspired collages.  Such as wood, picture frames and small boxes.  Collaging onto shaped surfaces is usually called decoupage.  

We have covered a great deal in the last six months. We started with the basics of simple cutting and layering in weeks 1, 2 and 3

Week 3 Collage

In week 6 we covered the simplest of backgrounds using a pencil and mark-making.  And in Week 8 we kicked that up a notch at added circles made from stamping paper tubes into acrylic paint.  We also made our own collage paper which was used in later collages.  

Week 8

In Week 9 we used our handmade collage paper and added more paint for a full on mixed media collage.  
Week 9 collage

We added fabric to the mix in Week 20!  That was so much fun.  I still keep fabric scraps on my art table because I just never know when its going to be the perfect pop of color or texture. 
Section of Week 20 collage

Just when you thought you'd seen it all, in week 34 we created a collage from live leaves and flowers.  
Week 34 collage


This is what happens when I ask "what if....".  I'm always willing to experiment.  I know that the next 17 weeks will included collage in some shape, form or fashion.  Beyond that, anything is possible.  If you have ideas of what you'd like to see in the last 17 weeks, please drop me a line, I'm all ears.  You can  leave a comment in the box below, my email subscribers can email directly from the email, and my non email subscribers can email me.    

Always in color,
Traci





Comments