52 Weeks of Collage week 23



 PEAK.

I utilized one of the collage clusters that I showed on Wandering Wednesday as the focal point for this week's collage.  It was very freeing to have a stack of them to choose from and play with as I was putting the finishing touches on this collage.

This week I'm doing something out of the ordinary!!  

I'm using the Let's Make Art, Art Journaling Subscription Box for today's collage.  I LOVE the Let's Make Art boxes and the entire program. Isn't the box cute as a button???  Wait till you see what's inside!

Postcards with Info and Instructions.  And paint in the little cloth bag.

Four colors of paint, gesso, YES paste, and a woodless graphite pencil.

The journal has 10 pages of high quality thick mixed media paper.

two sheets of collage paper with images, book text and words.

This box has enough paint and collage sheets for all three projects.  It includes instruction cards for each of the three projects and they create full tutorials on the Let's Make Art YouTube Channel.  

Today's collage is based very loosely on the Layers Of Life Lesson.   Here is the YouTube link so you can see how detailed the tutorials are.  Layers Of Life YouTube Tutorial.


I started with a collage layer that is a mixture of the collage sheets from the box and some of my own collage ephemera.  There is also a piece of brocade fabric on the left hand side.


Next, I cover that layer with gesso, while leaving some areas uncovered.


Next, I added some circles with the cardboard tube.


Ohh I had so much fun blending these colors.  That is the advantage to using gesso instead of white paint, blending is much easier on top of a layer of gesso.  Acrylic paint is still permanent when dry, so blend before the paint dries.   

Mixed Media collage with lower half in magentas, top half in peach.  And a focal point of a mini collage cluster.
Week 23 Final Collage, Theme Peak

As a focal point and finishing touch I added one of the clusters.  And outline around the word with the graphite pencil to help it stand out.

I hope you enjoyed this Creative Departure. 
Till Next Week,
Traci





 

Comments