Abstract Humor



I know, right?!   This looks like an entirely different piece of art.  Its not, its the same piece witth more layers added.  I tried to not completely cover it but nothing was working.  I absolutely LOVE this version!  Its quirky and abstract and full of texture and pops of color.  I really really love it.


How did it get from this one with map ephemera, pinks, greens and a little black to the above with mostly black and a little splashes of pink and green?  In a word, layers.  I added more doodles and collage along with thin washes of pinks and greens.  Lastly I just gave in to the black.  To get some of the below layer to show I scratched into the black paint while it was still wet, thereby revealing some of the below layers.  




Artwork inspired by:  The Soul's Journey Lesson Cards.  Published by Hayhouse.com


Comments