52 Weeks of Collage, Week 49

 

NOURISH.

This week I continue the creative departure from last week and start with mark making on the background.   This week after adding black for contrast I decided I wanted to play with watercolor!!  I love the random shading of watercolor.  That is the fun of using watercolor, letting it do what it wants.  Allowing it to pool and puddle until it dries.  My original intent was to layer collage on top of this, but I loved it like it is so much I changed my mind.  



This is more like faux-collage than actual collage!  I do love it so. How I created this was I started with a light pencil mark making and made sweeping circles and straight lines without lifting my pencil.  Next, I went through and erased some lines that were either too conjested or just boring.  Next I picked colors that felt nourishing to me at the time.  I'm surprised there's no green or yellow.  It has been  rainy, slushy, cold and gray outside so bright colors is clearly what I'm craving right now.  I didn't give any real thought to what colors went were, I just put them down wherever I felt like putting them.    Lastly I went over the pencil lines with a black marker, and added the theme word.  

I hope you give this technique a try!  

Until Next Time.

Always In Color,
Traci   




Comments