52 Weeks of Collage Week 40

 

FLOW.

Today's collage is inspired by Autumn!  On one hand I hate the cold rain that comes with Autumn, on the other hand I LOVE the colors and smells that come with Autumn.  This tree has this adorable patch of riotous color!  There is also a few pops of colorful leaves throughout the tree.  Isn't it lovely?  Inhale.  Exhale.  Nature has this amazing balance of Flow.  And Structure.  

I tried to capture that balance in today's collage.    I start with a wee bit of collage.



Next, I add some white gesso to push the collage to the background.  And add some modeling paste by stamping with a bit of bubble wrap.




Next, I wrote the word FLOW with 4 different colors of paint.  While the paint was still wet I sprayed it with water and titled the book so the paint would drip down the page.  Walk away and let it dry.  Seriously its going to look a hot mess!  Don't despair it will get better with a little bit of structure.  Sorry, I didn't get a picture of its' hot mess stage!

When its dry use a permanent marker, I used black, to outline the super runny messy letters.  It is really important to use something permanent for this outline phase.  Next I painted inside the lines to darken up the letters.


Next, I went over my coloring outside the lines with more black marker.  Lastly, I went over the drips with more paint to make them stand out more.  See how pale the drips are for the L, O, and W?

Final Week 40 Collage.  Flow.

I hope you enjoyed this collage and will try it in your art journal!  

Till Next Week,









Comments