52 weeks of collage, week 15

OPEN.

This is a week where I wanted to ask "who comes up with this stuff?"   While the theme of tangible things that can open such as books, magazines, doors, windows etc is a awesome idea it left me completely blank.  Even with images of various organized open cabinets.  

After a long nap, I switched to the theme of non tangible ideas of open such as open heart and open mind.  

I started with a background of primarily pink flowers on tissue paper.  With a few odds and ends from my hand painted parchment paper.



collage background of pink floral tissue paper.

Next, I played with fonts and printed the words open, heart and mind onto parchment paper.  Yes, the same parchment paper I painted on, can be printed on.   The downside is that inkjet printer ink needs to absorb into the paper.  So printing on parchment paper is going to have smearing because the ink can't absorb into the parchment paper.  

While that ink was drying I cut the recycled coupon card.  Glued all the words into place.  And taped the two journal cards into place.  First with clear tape and then glued decorative ribbon on top of the tape, since that's prettier than clear tape.

Collage with word the word Open large, central and in a decorative flourish font.   A  3x5 card in the upper right with the words Open Heart in the center.  And a card in the bottom left with the words open mind. and in the center.
Final Collage.


Until next week.

#52collages2021.


Comments