52 Weeks of Collage, Week 24

 


Symbol.

The Google Android 'droid is decked out in his Sunday Best with symbols, lace, text and a whole peck of color.   I'm participating in the Fodder Challenge with Wendy Solgarnik in her Willa Workshops classroom. It's a FREE workshop where the hostess Willa, and EIGHT mixed media artists share their favorite ways to use and/or make collage fodder.  The challenge lessons will be available until August 8.  Go signup and make your own stash of collage fodder!

In this digital age we are steeped in even more symbols than before.  The Android 'droid is one of my favorites though.  He's cute!   

This collage page started with a background of text, bits of handpainted stickers, and coffee dyed coffee filter all lightly covered with a layer of white gesso.


Day 4 of the Fodder Challenge, Tiffany Sharpe demonstrated how to make and use "Strips & Stitches".  No stitching on mine, just glue but here is my rendition.


I glued my strip along 3 edges to create pockets for journal cards.  The journal cards are made from playing cards, I covered the face of the playing cards with off white paper, and used a strip of ribbon to create a pull tab. Easy-Peasy.


Also, the 'droid is taped along his left arm.  He flips open so that he hides an additional journal spot, or I could journal on the back of him.  This is a easy way to have your collages also be an art journal with little spots for journaling your thoughts or feelings.

Week 24 Collage includes hidden journal spots and cards.

I hope you have enjoyed this weeks collage!  I look forward to seeing your collage fodder and hidden journal spots.

'Till Next Week,








Comments