52 Weeks of Collage, Week 21

 

Fabric Collage

BLOCK.

This weeks collage at least sort of resembles the theme.  This weeks fabric collage is a mixture of commercial patterned fabric and hand dyed fabric.  I love adding color to things.  The pinks, reds, blues and purples were created by dying a torn up t-shirt fabric with acrylic sprays.  I didn't spray the acrylic sprays, I poured some into a palette and dipped the scrunched up fabric into the pool of acrylic. Wear gloves or have multicolored hands and fingernails.  And the white fabric with green circles, the green circles is stamping with acrylic paint and a toilet paper tube.

Mentioning acrylic sprays, did you know that you can make your own acrylic sprays with a small spray bottle, acrylic paint and water?  You can also mix custom colored sprays this way.  Scientifically speaking, too much water makes acrylic loose its 'permanency bond'.  However, the first ones I created five or so years ago are still on the paper that I sprayed them on.  So I would be mindful of that if I were creating something to sell or something important.    But for playing, experimenting and determining if you even like using sprays, I say go for it!  Acrylic already comes in formulas that are ready to spray such as Golden High Flow.  Search for "liquid acrylic" and/or "acrylic ink".   You can also search for "acrylic spray paint" and see a variety of brands in small spray bottles.  Which is a more expensive avenue but great especially if you decide that you LOVE using acrylic sprays.  Even with those you can create your own custom colors by blending.  

Unfortunately I have yet to find a economically priced empty small spray bottle.  My favorite small spray bottles are recycled from other things like Bath & Bodyworks sprays.  Or other small travel sized body sprays.  I should research this again for you all, right?  Let me know in the comments OR email me at moonfullart@gmail.com if you'd like me to find a reliable, consistent, small spray bottle.

In the meantime, in between time, this weeks final collage.





Enjoy, till next week!








Comments