52 Weeks of Collage, Week 13



close up with section of sunflower in lower left corner against a background of layered collage, tissue paper and paper doily

YES.

Week 13.  We are officially a quarter of the way through the year!  Time flies, rather you're having fun or not.  May as well have fun.  I'm definitely having fun, I hope you are too.  I know I say this a lot, but I really love how this week's collage came out.  

supplies for today's collage are a image of a sunflower, paper doilies, floral tissue paper and handpainted wax paper from a few week ago.

Paper doilies is another item I picked up during my Dollar Tree shopping spree a few weeks ago.  To that we are adding a sunflower image from a seed catalog, commercial floral tissue paper and the handpainted collage paper created a few weeks ago.  If you'd like a recap that was weeks 8 . 

This week I am going to cut out the sunflower.  And create a layered background using tissue paper, hand painted collage paper and one paper doily.  The motivation behind this 52 Weeks Of Collage is to demonstrate that I and you, can make interesting collages or you can call them art journal pages, without using any expensive supplies.  And without using 20 layers of varying supplies.  I and you, can tell a visually interesting story without sacrificing the chocolate cake in the grocery budget :-)  

After I cut out the sunflower image, I just start playing with layering the other elements.  I'm certain that I want the flower aligned along the bottom and slightly left of center.  The doily will be the linchpin, once I figure out where I want that, the rest will fall into place.  I think.  

trying out different layouts.  Doily in the bottom right, purple flower tissue paper along the top.
Doily bottom right?

trying out different layouts.  Doily in the bottom left, purple flower tissue paper along the left and top
Doily bottom left?

Trying different layout options.  Doily in the top right, purple flower tissue paper along the left and top
Doily top right?



Doily in the top right. With the center of the doily cut out.  Perfect.
Doily top right with the center cut out.  Perfect!




How to cut out the center of the doily
Cutting out the center of the doily.

To cut out the center of the doily, gently fold it in half, align the outer edges.  Cut along the folded edge.  Don't crease the fold, just hold it lightly enough to cut.  

Next I glued down the various layers.  When gluing the doily be gentle!  Its thin paper.  Dab the glue stick again the doily.  Or place glue on the surface instead of the doily.  After its in place; put a piece of wax or baking paper on top of it and press those edges down.   


Finished collage.  Theme is YES.  Collage composed of sunflower with stem as focal point.  Background is composed of paper doily, hand painted parchment paper and commercial floral tissue paper.
Final Collage.  YES!!


Enjoy your yes, this week!  



#52collages2021

Comments