52 weeks of collage, week 11

collage background showing paint and marks on top of torn phone book pages
background paint and mark making on top of torn phone book pages.

Joy.

Yes, flowers in March!  So very joyful.  Let me start with an apology. I did not take process pics this time.  I was in the zone and I simply forgot.  Sorry!!  I will replicate the process next week and remember to take pictures.   But here's what the background start with torn pages of a Yellow Pages phone book.  I prefer the Yellow Pages because it has color ads.  See that bit of red and blue poking through at the top middle edge of this image?  Fun, right?!!!   The thicker curved green lines are a toilet paper tube, where I squished it in the middle and stapled it.  So instead of a circle its a funky 8 kinda shape.  And I used the same technique from the last few weeks where I made shapes on the journal page.  Next I used up the rest of the paint by adding white and randomly smooshing it around on top of the torn pages background. 


Final Collage of vases of flowers on a mixed media background.


A couple of things to point out on the final collage.  The strip of collage paper on the left hand side, notice how its not melding into the background as well as some of the earlier collages?  Not enough glue.  Its enough glue for it to stay in place but not enough for it to meld into the background.  And notice that I kept the table that the flowers are sitting on?  That is so the vases are not floating in space.  I could have also cut out the table and simply having them at the bottom of the page would visually ground them. But if you wanted the vases at the top of the page and some other images at the bottom of the page, the table would still give the vases a visual grounding.   

Share your Joy Collage with me at  #52collages2021  Or on social media @moonfullart on Instagram and Pinterest.

Till next week.


 

Comments