52 Weeks of Collage, Week 34

oat grass, oat grass seed pod, hosta leaf, hosta flower, and coleus leaf are the elements in todays natural themed collage.

 Natural.

Where you expecting leaves and flowers to show up in today's collage?  I wasn't!!  And I may come to regret this decision later.  Well, maybe not regret the decision, but regret the execution.  I had a blast picking greenery from the yard and assembling it into a collage.  I would do this again, for sure.  It's quite possible that this will turn into a crumbly, dead, moldy mess and I will have to cut the page out and replace it with a picture.  I am leaving space in the journal just in case, but it was still fun to do and I will know what not to do next time.  Experimenting, as long as its done safely, is never a failure.  It's information gathering.



close up of a green and white variegated hosta leaf and the white hosta flower

After finally deciding on a layout I glued everything down with Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue.  Its what I had nearby.  I would recommend something that dries faster like a super glue or fabric glue.  


collage cluster of oat grass, oat grass seed pod, hosta flower nestled at the base of the hosta leaf.  And a pop of red in the background from the coleus leaf.
cluster of live grass, leaves and a flower





Jerry's Artarama, matt finish, acrylic medium and varnish

Lastly, I used a size 6 paint brush to put a thin coat of Jerry's Artarama matte finish medium and varnish onto the live collage elements.  


I will let you know how the collage fairs over time!!

I hope this creative departure gives you some ideas of new ways to approach collage.


Till next week,



Comments