52 Collages, Week 20

Yellow.

Let me start by confessing that I had so much fun making this collage that the theme completely slipped my mind.  Sorry, not sorry.


So, what's with the pile of random fabric bits?  I am enrolled in Wanderlust 2021, a year long course in Mixed Media Art Journaling.   Each week there is a pre-recorded class by a wide variety of teachers.  And this week's lesson was by Tiffany Goff Smith of Southern Gals Designs.  Her lesson was all about making a collage from fabric bits!  It was awesome and epic.  And I had to stop everything and look around the house for fabric bits to use.  And make a fabric collage right now!  Did I mention how much fun this was?!  

I have seen videos of adding fabric to journals for the covers and insides.  Or also making a journal out of all fabric!  I also went through a silk scarf dyeing phase quite a while back; and I have some of those  experiments gone wrong laying around.  As a yarn-a-holic I'm always collecting small pieces of fabric in neutral colors that make a great backdrop for photographing yarn things.  Now I have a million ideas for adding color and pattern with paint, stencils and stamps to fabric.  



The color and pattern on this flower shape was created by stamping with bubble wrap and left over paint that was on the palette.  The perfect flower shape was created with my Evolution die cutting machine and a simple circular flower shape die.   The collage was attached together using a glue stick.  I know that's not the best way to approach this but I am curious to see how long it will hold together with a glue stick!  I will keep you posted.


The finished fabric collage is truly a random assortment of fibers and textures.  Silk, cotton wash cloth, fabric ribbon, and lace to name a few.  I hope you enjoyed this creative departure and will look at your fabric scraps in a whole new way.

Till Next Week,
Traci  

 

Comments