52 Weeks of Collage, week 16

 

collage with paint splatters in blue and ink mark making

Cold.

The order of the prompts was selected randomly.  If I had ordered them with intention I would have put the prompt COLD in...maybe July!  Not mid-April.  Its my party I'll change it if I want to, LOL.  Instead of traditional use of the word cold, let's explore the cool color theme instead!  You've probably heard the phrases warm and cool colors.  The easiest way to remember them is for cool think of things that might feel cool like water, sky and healthy grass (blues & greens).  For warm, think of things that feel warm or hot fire and sun (reds, oranges, and yellows).   

Its April so I'm surrounded by the spring light greens of trees and grass budding.  And the light blue of the sky that still not quite done with the winter grays.       

collage paper bits in shades of blue and green along with stickers in blues and greens.

I went through my supplies and pulled out a variety of blues and greens that felt spring like.  I also threw in a few darker colors for contrast.   The lady in the red sweater will be the focal point because red is warm and opposite blue/green for maximum contrast.  I almost always want my focal point to standout instead of blend into the background.  Maybe even always!  Though there are times when I don't want a focal point, that happens.  But if I'm going to have a focal point I want it to stand out.  The easiest way to achieve that is with color contrast.  



I decided I needed more collage paper with blue/green.  You know how much I LOVE stamping into paint with toilet paper rolls!  Its so fun and satisfying and impossible to get it wrong.  

Final collage, lady wearing red sweater in foreground.  background is a mixture of blues and greens torn papers.


The finished collage has a lot of color, texture and variety.  I added some ink scribbles for textural variety.  I haven't done that in a long while I forgot how much fun it is to grab a ink pen and just scribble.  

I look forward to seeing your interpretation of the prompt COLD.  My email subscribers can click the title moonfullart in the email and it will bring you to this post on the website.  You can also tag me on Instagram or Pinterest at @moonfullart.  #52collages2021

Till Next Week,

Traci








Comments