Line and Shape

abstract lines and shapes

The next layer is made from lines and shapes.  I used a standard #2 pencil to draw a large abstract shape across the paper.   Pro Tip: I save paper scraps that are 2" x 4" or larger and drop them in a bin that sits under my desk for testing.  In this case I grabbed a piece of this same watercolor paper to test line making on a bunch of different pens and pencils.  In this case I chose the #2 pencil because its thin, easy to hide or make thicker whichever I want.  I also really like the way it skips over the texture on the paper.  After I'd drawn the large abstract shape I used the black brush pen to fill in a few shapes.  I liked how that looked so I also used the blue and green colored pencils to fill in more shapes.  Notice in the four pictures how the #2 pencil and colored pencils look a little different on the orange background even though I used the same techniques and supplies on each.  





But wait...there's more.  I came across this small role of handmade paper, this is just a strip I cut off.  The motifs are orange and green on a gold background.  Wouldn't it be perfect as the focal point?  



p.s.  While this is a horrid picture from a photography point of view, it does show off the color and sparkle best.  


Always in color,
Traci



Comments